Note: OGM Forum is no longer active. This is a static snapshot as of February 2022. You can browse the site to see posts, but the functional features of the site will not work. You can search or download a zip archive of the files from the site at github/OpenGlobalMind/forum.openglobalmind.com.

Anyone interested in a forming a book group for Sand Talk: How Indigenous Thinking Can Save the World?

I have long been interested in the question of what do we mean when we say someone is “indigenous”? According to Sand Talk:

“An indigenous person is a member of a community retaining memories of life lived sustainably on a land base, as part of that land base. Indigenous Knowledge is any application of those memories as living knowledge to improve present and future circumstances.”

I began reading the book: Sand Talk this week and I am really loving it. I’d love to have some folks to talk about the book with. Is anyone out there interested in maybe a weekly or bi-weekly call to share learnings and questions?

LMK!

Ken

1 Like