Note: OGM Forum is no longer active. This is a static snapshot as of February 2022. You can browse the site to see posts, but the functional features of the site will not work. You can search or download a zip archive of the files from the site at github/OpenGlobalMind/forum.openglobalmind.com.

Improvements to OpenGlobalMind.com

Continuing the discussion from Making OGM Forum Publicly Visible:

Thanks Pete! Another use case for making the forum public is that it may be a better “landing page” for Open Global Mind than http://openglobalmind.com/ is … at least, in my opinion! That said, should we look into improving the main domain… soon? I’d like to put an “affiliation” to Open Global Mind in my professional bio. Can I nominate myself to be part of a website Working Group?

1 Like

I think the main rationale/reasoning, even if not explicit, is that the “join” link leads to some sort of onboarding, capturing some contact details about whomever joins, and likely offering then some links to the various places and groups. Hard for someone to follow through without obvious indication of what’s available, done, about, not really promoting OGM call recording playlist, GitHub organization, soon-public Discourse, call schedule/calendar, maybe dropping mailing list as supposed to be more retired except it becomes newsletter/notifications.

2 Likes

I never managed to find and click on the “Join” link, so maybe I should try that and see what happens!

Maybe you’ll eventually finally get onboarded :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you should declare yourself lead of the Website Working Group. The next step would be petitioning Jerry to let the WWG work on the website.

I can help a little, with content, information architecture, and should it be useful, static site generators and how to host a static site on Netlify, which is high-quality and can be free for what we’d need.

1 Like

curious @Jerry if you got the .org ?? as this to me would be much more appropriate than .com
xox cb

1 Like

thx @tovissy!
i suggest someone grab this and that we shift in due course to using dot org

@Jerry
@peterkaminski

2 Likes

Bought it.

Not sure I agree with moving all our activities to .org, but having both makes a lot of sense in a steward ownership structure. More on that soon.

Good thinkin’, team. Thank you.

1 Like

excellent