Note: OGM Forum is no longer active. This is a static snapshot as of February 2022. You can browse the site to see posts, but the functional features of the site will not work. You can search or download a zip archive of the files from the site at github/OpenGlobalMind/forum.openglobalmind.com.

Inside the Beltway

As many of you know, I work in and around the Federal government, so I will try to post news and things of interest here.

Probably the most impactful and least understood process is the Budget, I myself am only a novice after 25 years!

While the President’s office makes a budget, it is more advisory and Congress takes it for input. There are different committees in the House and Senate that work on different aspects.

Here is one good resource:
Budget of the U.S. Government | USAGov

Different parts of the government are funded under different laws and they always have “interesting” names. The Defense budget is the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for FY2021. Of course the Federal Fiscal Year for 2021 started in Oct 2020, so how is that possible that the government is running without a passed budget? They pass “Continuing Resolutions”. There was one that ran out Dec 11. Then they passed a 7 day which went to Dec 18 (Friday). Then they passed a two day to Sunday and another one day through today.

All the headlines were about the details of the $900 Billion relief package but no one even looks at the $1.4 Trillion budget, totally $2.3 Trillion.

It seems OGM could solve health, soil, and social justice with 2.3 Trillion USD!!

1 Like