Note: OGM Forum is no longer active. This is a static snapshot as of February 2022. You can browse the site to see posts, but the functional features of the site will not work. You can search or download a zip archive of the files from the site at github/OpenGlobalMind/forum.openglobalmind.com.

Codex Editor: "creating the Knowledge Worker's OS"

Very tantalizing thread (click through to read subsequent tweets in the thread).

Alas, I didn’t really find anything in the way of recent screenshots or videos on either @codexeditor or Codex Patreon.

The twitter thread seems, to me, to be well worth reading and following the links regarding UX.

1 Like

Roam cannot afford to focus on these because the primary value of the tool, of building a sustainable personalized knowledge map, will be compromised. 14/17

— Subhash (@SubhashBhushanC) April 26, 2020

“these” (from thread,): “comments about no APIs, no porting of data from other note-taking tools, lousy UI, mobile apps.”

And what I look for in my own tool, simple easy “building a sustainable personalized knowledge map”

I have a favorite quote in describing personal tools, commonplace books:
James Clerk Maxwell quote:
“A memorandum-book does not, provided it is neatly written, appear confused to an illiterate person, or to the owner who understands it thoroughly, but to any other person able to read it appears to be inextricably confused.”

Even more delightful to me is its larger context:
“Available energy is energy which we can direct into any desired channel. Dissipated energy is energy which we cannot lay hold of and direct at pleasure, such as the energy of the confused agitation of molecules which we call heat. Now, confusion, like the correlative term order, is not a property of material things in themselves, but only in relation to the mind which perceives them. A memorandum-book does not, provided it is neatly written, appear confused to an illiterate person, or to the owner who understands it thoroughly, but to any other person able to read it appears to be inextricably confused. Similarly the notion of dissipated energy could not occur to a being who could not turn any of the energies of nature to his own account, or to one who could trace the motion of every molecule and seize it at the right moment. It is only to a being in the intermediate stage, who can lay hold of some forms of energy while others elude his grasp, that energy appears to be passing inevitably from the available to the dissipated state.”

This cuts both ways: to Jack and Jerry, my personalized knowledge map is a blooming, buzzing confusion. This both accepted and acceptable being not open, not global, and under no analogic stretch: mind. And what, how the OGM perceives?

I’m a little confused… what is Codex, an offshoot of Roam? Or was he/she using screen shots of Roam as examples?

I have gotten re-energized with using The Brain since v. 12. (The Brain which is how I found Jerry and thus OGM)

Good questions, I’m not sure.

Here’s a recent description:

Codex and Roam have no connection of code or people, other than being in the same scene and respecting each other.