I’m still working on a writeup or video or what-have-you for what tool to use when, but basically, the way I see it:
- mailing list for announcements
- CSC Agora, Town Square channel for announcements
- OGM Forum banner for very important announcements
Announcements may be (and often should be) duplicated across two or three of the above, under the assumption that individuals may only read one, of their choice.
- CSC Agora, non-Town Square channels, for fairly quick turnaround discussions
- OGM Forum, various categories, for longer turnaround discussions, and for longer term group memory
and later, after it’s set up, CSC Wiki (mediawiki) for knowledge and wisdom annealing.
Some day, we’ll have facilitation teams / crossposters (PORters) / beat reporters / bards, along with better digital plumbing, to keep information and gossip flowing across the various tools.